Qualified Primary Teacher - Shanghai
Shanghai United International School | Shanghai, China
Shanghai United International School is seeking a Primary Teacher to join its staff in August 2017.
General requirements of applicants:
- Qualified teachers, fluent English speaking with excellent verbal and writing skills;
- Holding a degree from a recognized institution (no lower than Bachelor) and a recognized teaching qualification;
- With preferably a minimum of two years of relevant teaching experience;
- NCfE / IGCSE / A Level experience where appropriate would be desirable but not essential.
SUIS Hongqiao is a member of the largest educational not-for-profit organization (Xiehe) in Shanghai. Our campus was established in 2003 as the first SUIS primary campus and over the years has built a strong reputation for offering quality education to the local community. The philosophy of the SUIS group is 'Where East Meets West' and this is at the forefront of our approach here at Hongqiao. We have created a personalized bilingual education for our students which is underpinned by a strong values-driven environment.
Our primary school (ages 6-11) is partly based on the SUIS Pioneer Curriculum which has been in place at Hongqiao campus for seven years. The Pioneer Curriculum integrates the compulsory local curriculum with English language and a Western thematic approach. All of our subjects (with the exception of Chinese) are co-taught, so our teachers work and collaborate in a true 'East meets West' environment. We are proud to have had excellent, globally-minded bilingual students graduate from our school and achieve their goals of attending a range of top middle schools.
Please attach your CV and a letter of application, enclose a recent photo and contact details of two referees (including current Principal/Head teacher).
Applications to be sent to HR at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Position: Teacher
- Subject: General Primary School
- Student Level: Elementary School
- Start Date: 15-Aug-17
- Salary: Competitive Expat Teaching Package informed to shortlisted candidates
- Candidate nationality: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States
- Minimum teaching experience: 1 Year